83. F Mayrhofer, AM Hanson, MF Navedo, YK Xiang, AM Soulika, W Deng, O Chechneva (2023) Transfer of nuclear and ribosomal material from Sox10-lineage cells to neurons in the mouse brain. Journal of Experimental Medicine 220: doi: 10.1084/jem.20221632. PMC10114922
82. KNM Man, PB Henderson, K Kim, M Shi, H Xu, M Zhang, AH Brody, SM Strittmatter, M Nieves-Cintron, MF Navedo, MC Horne, JW Hell (2023) α1-adrenergic receptor-PKC-Pyk2-Src signaling boosts L-type Ca2+ channel CaV2 activity and long-term potentiation. eLife 12: e79648. PMC10325713
81. L Huang, F Cheng, J Zielonka, X Zhang, MA Nystoriak, W Xiang, K Raygor, W Jiang, S Yuan, A Lakshmanan, KS Hou, J Zhang, X Wang, AU Syed, M Juric, T Takahashi, MF Navedo, RA Wang (2023) Nitric oxide synthase and reduced arterial tone contribute to arteriovenous malformation. Science Advances 26: 9(21) PMC10219588
80. JL Caldwell, EI-J Lee, L Ngo, L Wang, S Bahriz, B Xu, DM Bers, MF Navedo, J Bossuyt, YK Xiang, CM Ripplinger (2023) Whole-heart multi-parametric optical imaging reveals sex-dependent heterogeneity in cAMP signaling and repolarization kinetics. Science Advances 9: 3 eadd5799. Highlighted by multiple news outlets. PMC9858506
79. N Verma, G Velmurugan, E Winford, H Coburn, D Kotiya, N Leibold, L Radulescu, S Despa, K Chen, L Eldik, P Nelson, D Wilcock, G Jicha, A Stowe, L Goldstein, D Powel, J Walton, MF Navedo, M Nystoriak, A Murray, GJ Biessels, C Troakes, H Zetterberg, JH, T Lashley, F Despa (2023) Aβ efflux impairment and inflammation linked to cerebrovascular accumulation of amyloid-forming amylin secreted from the pancreas. Communications Biology 6: 2 https://doi.org/10.1038/s42003-022-04398-2. PMC9810597
78. E Grandi*, MF Navedo*, J Saucerman*, DM Bers, N Chiamvimonvat, RE Dixon, D Dobrev, AM Gomez, OF Harraz, B Hegyi, DK Jones, T Krogh-Madsen, WL Murfee, MA Nystoriak, NG Posnack, CM Ripplinger, R Veeraraghavan, SH Weinberg (2023) Diversity of Cells and Signals in the Cardiovascular System. Journal of Physiology601: 2547-2592*equal contribution. PMC10313794
75. P Bartels, I Salveson, AM Coleman, DE Anderson, G Jeng, ZM Estrada-Tobar, KNM Man, Q Yu, E Kuzmenkina, M Nieves-Cintron, MF Navedo, M Horne, JW Hell, JB Ames (2022) Half-calcified calmodulin promotes the basal activity of the L-type Ca2+channel CaV1.2 and facilitates Ca2+-dependent inactivation. Journal of Biological Chemistry 298:102701. PMC9764201
74. L Ren, PN Thai, RR Gopireddy, V Timofeyev, HA Ledford, RL Woltz, S Park, JL Puglisi, CM Moreno, LF Santana, AC Conti, MI Kotlikoff, YK Xiang, V Yarov-Yarovoy, M Zaccolo, XD Zhang, EN Yamoah*, MF Navedo*, N Chiamvimonvat* (2022) Adenylyl cyclase isoform 1 contributes to sinoatrial node automaticity via functional microdomains. JCI Insight 7(22): e162602. *co-corresponding authors. PMC9746826
73. B Hegyi, J Mira-Hernandez, C Ko, J Hong, E Shen, E Spencer, D Smoliarchuk, MF Navedo, DM Bers, J Bossuyt (2022) Diabetes and excess aldosterone promote heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. JAHA 11: e027164.PMC9851441
72. MB Martin-Aragon, VA Florez-Tames, J Hong, GR Reddy, P Millard, AE Burns, KNM Man, KC Sasse, SM Ward, WA Catterall, DM Bers, JW Hell, M Nieves-Cintron*, MF Navedo* (2022) Spatiotemporal control of vascular CaV1.2 by α1C S1928 phosphorylation. Circulation Research 131: 1918-1033. This work was highlighted by a laudatory editorial. PMC9722584
71. L Ren, GP Reddy, G Perkins, H Zhang, V Timofeyev, Y Lyu, DA Diloretto, JL Overton, W Xu, N Grainger, YK Xiang, EN Dedkova, X-D Zhang, EN Yamoah, MF Navedo, PN Thai, N Chiamvimonvat (2022) Disruption of mitochondria-sarcoplasmic reticulum microdomain connectomics contributes to sinus node dysfunction in heart failure. PNAS 119 (36): e2206708119. PMC9456763
69. GR Reddy, L Ren, PN Thai, J Caldwell, M Zaccolo, CM Ripplinger, YK Xiang, M Nieves-Cintron, N Chiamvimonvat, MF Navedo (2022) Deciphering cellular signals in adult sinoatrial node cells. iScience 25(1):103693. PMC8749457
68. FK Lee, JC Lee, B Shui, S Reining, M Jibilian, DM Small, JS Jones, NH Allan-Rahill, MRE Lamont, MA Rizzo, S Tajada, MF Navedo, LF Santana, N Nishimura, MI Kotlikoff (2021) Genetically engineered strains for combinatorial cardiovascular optobiology. eLife 10:e67858. PMC8555989
67. SG del Villar, TL Voelker, HC Spooner, GR Reddy, MF Navedo, EJ Dickson, RE Dixon (2021) β-adrenergic control of sarcolemmal CaV2 abundance by small GTPase Rab proteins. PNAS 118: e2017937118. PMC7896340
66. M Nieves-Cintron, V Flores-Tamez, T Le, M Martin-Aragon, MF Navedo (2021) Cellular and molecular effects of hyperglycemia on ion channels in vascular smooth muscle. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 78: 31-61. PMC7765743
65. B Hegyi, JM Borst, LRJ Bailey, EY Shen, AJ Lucena, MF Navedo, J Bossuyt, DM Bers (2020) Diabetic hyperglycemia regulates cardiac K+ channels via OGlcNAc-CaMKII and NOX2-ROS-PKC pathways. Basics Res Cardiol 115(6):71 doi: 10.1007/s00395-020-00834-8. PMC8349245
64. MP Prada, AU Syed, GR Reddy, M Martin-Aragon Baudel, VA Flores-Tamez, KC Sasse, SM Ward, P Sirish, N Chiamvimonvat, P Bartels, EJ Dickson, JW Hell, JD Scott, LF Santana, YK Xiang, MF Navedo*, M Nieves-Cintron* (2020) AKAP5 complex facilitates purinergic modulation of vascular L-type Ca2+ channel CaV1.2. Nature Communications 11: 5303. doi: 10.1038/s41467-020-18947-y. Reviewed by Mark S. Shapiro and Annette Dolphin for Faculty Opinions. *co-corresponding authors. PMC7575592
61. M Martin-Aragon, R Espinosa-Tanguma, M Nieves-Cintron, MF Navedo (2020) Purinergic signaling during hyperglycemia in vascular smooth muscle. Frontiers in Endocrinology 11:329 doi: 10.3389/fendo.2020.00329. PMC256624
60. M Turner, DE Anderson, P Bartels, M Nieves-Cintron, A Coleman, PB Henderson, KN Man, PY Tseng, V Yarov-Yarovoy, DM Bers, MF Navedo, MC Horne, JB Ames, JW Hell (2020) Alpha-actinin-1 promotes gating of L-type Ca2+ channel CaV1.2. EMBO Journal 39: e102622. PMC7049811
59. KN Man*, MF Navedo*, MC Horne*, JW Hell* (2020) β2 adrenergic receptor complexes with the L-type Ca2+ channel CaV1.2 and AMPA-type glutamate receptors: paradigms for pharmacological targeting of protein interactions. Annual Reviews in Pharmacology and Toxicology 60: 155-174. *co-corresponding authors. PMC7029424
58. A Shen, D Chen, M Kuar, P Bartels, B Xu, Q Shi, J Martinez, KM Man, M Nieves-Cintron, JW Hell, MF Navedo, XY Yu, YK Xiang (2019) β-blockers augment L-type calcium channel activity by targeting spatially restricted β2AR signaling in neurons. eLife 8: e49464. PMC6813027
57. D Sato, G Hernandez-Hernandez, C Matsumoto, S Tajada, CM Moreno, RE Dixon, S O’Dweyr, MF Navedo, JS Trimmer, CE Clancy, MD Binder, LF Santana (2019) A stochastic mathematical model of ion channel cluster formation in the plasma membrane. Journal of General Physiology 151: 1116-1134. PMC6719406
56. AU Syed, G Reddy, D Ghosh, MP Prada, MA Nystoriak, N Chiamvimonvat, LF Santana, YK Xiang, M Nieves-Cintrón, MF Navedo (2019) Adenylyl cyclase 5-generated cAMP controls cerebral vascular reactivity during diabetic hyperglycemia. Journal of Clinical Investigations 129: 3140-3152. Highlighted by several news outlets (https://health.ucdavis.edu/publish/news/contenthub/13998; https://eurekalert.org/multimedia/pub/206697.php;https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-07-diabetes-vascular-disease.html; https://greot.com/2019/07/19/discovering-how-diabetes-leads-to-vascular-disease-cellular-link-between-high-blood-sugar-and-blood-vessel-constriction/;https://www.newkerala.com/news/read/178903/study-discovers-how-diabetes-leads-to-vascular-disease.html). PMC6668679
55. DW Ito, KI Hannigan, D Ghosh, B Xu, SGD Villar, YK Xiang, EJ Dickson, MF Navedo, RE Dixon (2019) β-adrenergic mediated dynamic augmentation of sarcolemmal CaV1.2 clustering and cooperativity in ventricular myocytes. Journal of Physiology 597: 2139-2162. PMC6462464. This article is accompanied by an editorial highlighting the novel aspects of the study.
54. MP Prada, A Syed, OR Buonarati, RG Reddy, MA Nystoriak, D Ghosh, KC Sasse, SM Ward, LF Santana, YK Xiang, JW Hell, M Nieves-Cintron, MF Navedo (2019) A Gs-coupled purinergic receptor boost Ca2+ influx and vascular reactivity during diabetic hyperglycemia. eLife 8: e42214. PMC6397001
53. FD Smith, MH Omar, PJ Nygren, J Soughayer, N Hoshi, H Lau, CG Snyder, D Ghosh, TC Branon, AY Ting, LF Santana, LK Langeberg, SE Ong, MF Navedo, JD Scott (2018) Single nucleotide polymorphisms alter kinase anchoring and the subcellular targeting of A-Kinase Anchoring Proteins. PNAS 115: E11465-E11474. PMC6298107
52. D Ghosh, M Nieves-Cintron, S Tajada, I Brust-Mascher, MC Horne, JW Hell, RE Dixon, LF Santana, MF Navedo (2018) Dynamic L-type CaV1.2 channel trafficking facilitates CaV1.2 clustering and cooperative gating. BBA Molecular Cellular Research 1865: 1341-1355.
51. A Shen, M Nieves-Cintron, Y Deng, Q Shi, D Chordhury, J Qi, JW Hell, MF Navedo, YK Xiang (2018) Functionally distinct and selectively phosphorylated GPCR subpopulations co-exist in a single cell. Nature Communications 9: 1050 doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-03459-7. PMC5849717
48. MM Dwenger, V Ohanyan, MF Navedo, MA Nystoriak (2018) Coronary microvascular KV channels as regulatory sensors of intracellular pyridine nucleotide redox potential. Microcirculation 25(1) doi: 10.1111/micc.12426. PMC5760281
47. M Nieves-Cintron, AU Syed, MA Nystoriak, MF Navedo (2018) Regulation of voltage-gated potassium channels in vascular smooth muscle during hypertension and metabolic disorders. Microcirculation 25(1) doi: 10.1111/micc.12423. PMC5760350
46. MA Nystoriak, MF Navedo (2018) Regulation of microvascular function by voltage-gated potassium channels: new tricks for an ancient dog. Microcirculation 25(1) doi: 10.1111/micc.12435. PMC5826567 (Journal Cover)
45. M Nieves-Cintrón, A Syed, O Buonarati, R Rigor, MA Nystoriak, D Ghosh, KC Sasse, SM Ward, LF Santana, JW Hell, MF Navedo (2017) Impaired BKCa channel function in native vascular smooth muscle cells from humans with type 2 diabetes. Scientific Reports 7(1): 14058. PMC5656614
44. S Morotti, M Nieves-Cintrón, MA Nystoriak, MF Navedo*, E Grandi* (2017) Predominant contribution of L-type Ca2+ channel stimulation to impaired intracellular calcium and cerebral artery vasoconstriction in diabetic hyperglycemia. Channels (Austin) 11: 340-346. *co-senior/co-corresponding author. PMC5555263
43. S Tajada, C Moreno, S O’Dwyer, S Wood, D Sato, MF Navedo, LF Santana (2017) Distance constraints on activation of TRPV4 channels by AKAP150-bound PKC in vascular smooth muscle cells. Journal of General Physiology 149:639-659. This article was featured in the Highlights section of the Journal and by Faculty of 1000. PMC5460949
42. E Grandi, MC Sanguinetti, DC Bartos, DM Bers, Y Chen-Izu, N Chiamvimonvat, H Colecraft, BP Delisle, J Heijman, MF Navedo, S Noskov, C Proenza, JI Vandenberg, V Yarov-Yarovoy (2017) Potassium channels in the heart: structure, function and regulation. Journal of Physiology 595: 2209-2228. This article was highlighted in the cover of the Journal. PMC5374109
41. H Qian, T Patriarchi, JL Price, L Matt, B Lee, M Nieves-Cintron, OR Buonarati, D Chowdhury, E Nanou, MA Nystoriak, WA Catterall, M Poomvanicha, F Hofmann, MF Navedo*, and JW Hell* (2017) Phosphorylation of serine 1928 mediates up-regulation of L-type Cav1.2 channel activity by β2 adrenergic receptor in neurons. Science Signaling 10, eaaf9659. *co-corresponding author. This article was highlighted in the cover and podcast of the journal and by Faculty of 1000. PMC5310946
40. MA Nystoriak, M Nieves-Cintrón, T Patriarchi, S Morotti, E Grandi, J Dos Santos Fernandes, K Forbush, F Hofmann, KC Sasse, JD Scott, SM Ward, JW Hell, MF Navedo (2017) Ser1928 phosphorylation by PKA stimulates L-type Cav1.2 channels and vasoconstriction during acute hyperglycemia and diabetes. Science Signaling 10, eaaf9647. This article was highlighted in the cover and podcast of the journal and by Faculty of 1000. PMC5297430
39. Y Shen, T Pfluger, F Ferreira, MF Navedo, Q Zeng, B Reid, M Zhao (2016) Diabetic corneal wounds produce significantly weaker electrical signals that may contribute to impaired wound healing. Scientific Reports 6:26525. PMC4901296
38. T Patriarchi, H Qian, V Di Biase, ZA Malik, D Chowdhury, JL Price, EA Hammes, OR Buonarati, RE Westenbroek, WA Catterall, F Hofmann, YK Xiang, CY Chen, MF Navedo, JW Hell (2016) Phosphorylation of Cav1.2 on S1928 uncouples the L-type calcium channel from the β2 adrenergic receptor. EMBO Journal 35: 1330-1345. This article was highlighted in F1000. PMC4910527
37. M Nieves-Cintrón, D Hirenallur-S, PJ Nygren, SA Hinke, ML Dell'Acqua, LK Langeberg, MF Navedo, LF Santana, JD Scott (2016) AKAP150 participates in calcineurin/NFAT activation during the down-regulation of voltage-gated K+ currents in ventricular myocytes following myocardial infarction. Cellular Signaling 28: 733-740. PMC4902329
36. NL Chaplin, M Nieves-Cintron, AM Fresquez, MF Navedo, GC Amberg (2015) Mitochondria promote arterial dysfunction by potentiating calcium influx through proximate L-type calcium channels. Circ Res 117: 1013-1023. This article is accompanied by an editorial highlighting the novel aspects of the study. PMC4670591
35. RE Dixon, C Moreno, C Yuan, X Optiz-Araya, M Binder, MF Navedo* LF Santana (2015) Graded Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent coupling of voltage-gated CaV1.2 channels. eLife 4. *co-corresponding author. PMC4360655
34. M Nieves-Cintrón, MA Nystoriak, MP Prada, K Johnson, W Fayer, ML Dell’Acqua, JD Scott, MF Navedo (2015) Selective downregulation of KV2.1 function contributes to enhanced arterial tone during diabetes. Journal of Biological Chemistry 290: 7918-7929. PMC4367290
31. JL Mercado, R Bayle, MF Navedo, C Yuan, JD Scott, MT Nelson, JE Brayden, LF Santana (2014) Local control of TRPV4 channels by AKAP150-targeted PKC in arterial smooth muscle. Journal of General Physiology 143: 559-575. PMC4003184
30. MA Nystoriak, M Nieves-Cintrón, PJ Nygren, SA Hinke, CB Nichols, CY Chen, JL Puglisi, L Izu, DM Bers, ML Dell'Acqua, JD Scott, LF Santana, MF Navedo (2014) AKAP150 contributes to enhanced vascular tone by facilitating BKCa channel remodeling in hyperglycemia and diabetes. Circulation Research 114: 607-615. This article is accompanied by an editorial highlighting the novel aspects of the study. PMC3954117
29. J Gulia, MF Navedo, P Gui, JT Chao, JL Mercado, LF Santana, MJ Davis (2013) Regulation of L-type calcium channel sparklet activity by c-Src and PKCα. American Journal of Physiology-Cell 305: C568-C577. PMC3761150
24. SA Hinke, MF Navedo, A Ulman, JL Whiting, PJ Nygren, G Tian, AJ Jimenez-Caliani, LK Langeberg, V Cirulli, A Tengholm, ML Dell'acqua, LF Santana, JD Scott (2012) Anchored phosphatases modulate glucose homeostasis. EMBO Journal 31: 3991-4004. This article is accompanied by an editorial from Dr. Kulkarni highlighting the novel aspects of the study. PMC3474922
23. RE Dixon, C Yuan, EP Cheng, MF Navedo, LF Santana (2012) Calcium signaling amplification by oligomerization of L-type Cav1.2 channels. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 109: 1749-1754. Reviewed by Faculty of 1000. PMC3277143
22. Takeda, MA Nystoriak, M Nieves-Cintrón, LF Santana, MF Navedo* (2011) Relationship between calcium sparklets and sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium load and release in rat cerebral arterial smooth muscle. American Journal of Physiology - Heart 301: H2285-2294. *corresponding author. PMC3233819
21. EP Cheng, C Yuan, MF Navedo, RE Dixon, M Nieves-Cintrón, JD Scott, LF Santana (2011) Restoration of normal L-type Ca2+ channel function during timothy syndrome by ablation of an anchoring protein. Circulation Research 109: 255-261. PMC3151468
20. CB Nichols, CF Rossow, MF Navedo, RA Westenbroek, WA Catterall, LF Santana, GS McKnight (2010) Sympathetic stimulation of adult cardiomyocytes requires association of AKAP5 with a sub-population of L-type calcium channels. Circulation Research 107: 747-756. PMC2981172
19. LF Santana, MF Navedo (2010) Natural inequalities: why some L-type Ca2+ channels work harder than others. Journal of General Physiology 136: 143-147. Featured on the cover of the Journal. PMC2912067
18. J Zhang, C Ren, L Chen, MF Navedo, LK Antos, SP Kinsey, T Iwamoto, KD Philipson, MI Kotlikoff, LF Santana, WG Wier, DR Matteson, MP Blaustein (2010) Knockout of Na+/Ca2+ exchanger in smooth muscle attenuates vasoconstriction and L-type Ca2+ channel current, and lowers blood pressure. American Journal of Physiology 298: H1472-1483. PMC2867439
17. MF Navedo, EP Cheng, C Yuan, VS Votaw, JD Scott, LF Santana (2010) Increased coupled gating of L-type calcium channels during hypertension and Timothy syndrome. Circulation Research 106: 748-756. This article is accompanied by an editorial from Dr. Don Bers highlighting the novel aspects of the study. PMC2834417
16. MF Navedo*, T Takeda, M Nieves-Cintron, JD Molkentin, LF Santana (2010) Elevated calcium sparklet activity during acute hyperglycemia and diabetes in cerebral arterial smooth muscle cells. American Journal of Physiology 298: C211-C220. *corresponding author. This article is accompanied by an editorial from Dr. Mark T. Nelson highlighting the novel aspects of the study. PMC2822492
14. M Nieves-Cintrón, GC Amberg, MF Navedo, JD Molkentin, LF Santana (2008) The control of Ca2+ influx and NFATc3 signaling in arterial smooth muscle during hypertension. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 105: 15623-15628. PMC2557027
13. LF Santana, MF Navedo, GC Amberg, M Nieves-Cintrón, VS Votaw, C Ufret-Vicenty (2008) Calcium sparklets in arterial smooth muscle. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 35: 1121-1126.
12. M Nieves-Cintrón, D Caballero-Rivera, WI Silva, MF Navedo, JA Lasalde-Dominicci (2008) Functional contribution of alpha3’L8’ to the neuronal nicotinic alpha3 receptor. Journal of Neuroscience Research 86: 2884-2894.
11. MF Navedo, M Nieves-Cintrón, GC Amberg, VS Votaw, WJ Lederer, GS McKnight, LF Santana (2008) AKAP150 is required for stuttering persistent calcium sparklets and angiotensin II-induced hypertension. Circulation Research 102: e1-e11.
10. MF Navedo, GC Amberg, RE Westenbroek, MJ Sinnegger-Brauns, WA Catterall, J Striessnig, LF Santana (2007) Cav1.3 channels produce persistent calcium sparklets, but Cav1.2 channels are responsible for sparklets in mouse arterial smooth muscle. American Journal of Physiology: Heart & Circulatory Physiology 293: H1359-1370. (accompanied by an editorial from Dr. Jonathan H. Jaggar).
8. M Nieves, D Caraballo, MF Navedo, JA Lasalde-Dominicci (2006) Functional contribution of position L218 to neuronal nicotinic alpha 3 receptors subtypes. Journal of Neuroscience Research 84:1778-1788.
7. MF Navedo, GC Amberg, M Nieves, JD Molkentin, LF Santana (2006) Mechanisms underlying heterogeneous Ca2+ sparklet activity in arterial smooth muscle. Journal of General Physiology 127: 611-622. (editorials in Journal of General Physiology and Physiology). PMC2151539
6. MF Navedo, JA Lasalde-Dominicci, CA Báez-Pagán, L Díaz-Pérez, LV Rojas, RA Maselli, J Staub, K Schott, R Zayas, CM Gomez (2006) Novel β subunit mutation causes a slow-channel syndrome by enhancing activation and decreasing the rate of agonist dissociation. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 32: 82-90.
2. M Navedo, M Nieves, L Rojas, J Lasalde-Dominicci (2004) Tryptophan substitutions reveal the role of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor -TM3 domain in channel gating: differences between Torpedo and muscle-type AChR. Biochemistry 43: 78-84.
1. CM Gomez, R Maselli, BPS Vohra, MF Navedo, J Stiles, P Charnet, K Schott, L Rojas, J Keesey, A Verity, RW Wollmann, J Lasalde-Dominicci (2002) Novel delta subunit mutation in slow-channel syndrome causes severe weakness by novel mechanisms. Annals of Neurology 51: 102-112.
6. M Martín-Aragón Baudel, J Hong, JW Hell, M Nieves-Cintrón and MF Navedo (2023) Mechanisms of vascular CaV1.2 channel regulation during diabetic hyperglycemia. In: Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology 279: 41-58. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. https://doi.org/10.1007/164_2022_628
5. EA Pereira da Silva, M Martin Aragon-Baudel, J Hong, P Bartels, MF Navedo, M Nieves-Cintron (2022) Vascular CaV1.2 channels in diabetes. In Current Topics in Membranes, M Sturek, ed. Published November 2022. Chapter 4, pp. 65-93. ISBN 9780323997881, https://doi.org/10.1016/bs.ctm.2022.09.003
4. AU Syed, T Lee, MF Navedo, M Nieves-Cintron (2020) Ion channels and their regulation in vascular smooth muscle. In Basic and Clinical Understanding of Microcirculation, KF Shad, N Luqman and SS Saeedi Saravi, ed. (London, UK: IntechOpen). Published July 22, 2020. Chapter 1, pp. 1-18. ISBN 9781789855524.
3. M Nieves-Cintron, S Tajada, LF Santana, MF Navedo (2018) Total internal fluorescence microscopy in vascular smooth muscle. Methods in Signal Transduction: Vascular Smooth Muscle, 1st edition CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2018, pp. 87-103. eBook ISBN 9781498774239
2. D Ghosh, A Syed, MP Prada, MA Nystoriak, LF Santana, M Nieves-Cintron, MF Navedo (2017) Calcium Channels in Vascular Smooth Muscle. In Raouf A. Khalil, editor: Vascular Pharmacology, Advances in Pharmacology Vol 78, APHA, UK: Academic Press, 2017, pp. 49-87. PMC5439506